Source: 8 Asians, April 19, 2010 | |
As more details about the Tyrese-backed Asian-American Jersey Shore come to light, I for one, can’t wait to see where this train wreck is going to crash.
The details on this project (currently known as “Untitled K-Town Project”) are currently few and far between since the project is still ramping up and prepping for casting, but I would bet good money that there will be drinking, fighting, and a ton of
slutty hot looking girls and boys involved.
I can make these speculations with tremendous confidence because one, reality shows usually cast hotties and two, a tipster has forwarded us the questions that applicants are supposed to fill out prior to the audition and they are extremely interested in knowing if you drink, fight or have naked pictures of yourself on the internet.
Now, I know some of these questions are standard-fare for other auditions, but putting them into context that this is a reality show set in K-Town, some of these questions really crack me up. Here are my favorites (emphasis is mine):
(7) Have you ever been arrested and/or charged with a crime? If so, what was it for?
(8) Are there any nude or other revealing or compromising images of you that are available publicly either through the Internet, video or otherwise? If so, please describe and explain.
(12) Do you smoke? If so, what do you smoke and how often?
(13) Do you drink alcohol? If so, how often do you drink and how much? How do you act when drunk?
(17) Do you have a temper? How often do you lose your temper? What provokes you? How do you deal with anger?
(18) How many fights have you been in? When was the last time (if any) you hit, punched, kicked, or threw something in anger? Please provide details.
(20) What are you most ashamed of, either now or in your past?
(21) What are your thoughts on Koreatown? How do you feel about Koreatown? What do you think of the guys and girls in Koreatown?
(23) How often do you frequent these types of establishments in Koreatown? (Specify per week, month, year, etc.)
Restaurants? Bars? Night Clubs? Karaoke Rooms? Hostess Bars?
(25) Have you experienced “booking” at a Korean night club? What are your thoughts on this practice?
Based on these questions, it’s too bad that this “groundbreaking” effort — the first Asian-American based reality TV show — isn’t looking for some crazy Asians who like to publicly post email conversations which spiral out of control. Because if that’s what the casting folks are looking for, I just might have an in on that.
Audition Information: The production company is asking folks to fill out the application/questionnaire and bring it (and a headshot) to the open casting call this Saturday, April 24th from 12 noon – 6pm. (They’re expecting a large turn-out for a limited number of spots, so people who want to be on this should arrive early to the location: HQ Pictures, 1635 N. Cahuenga Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028.)