4/07/2010

Maypang-Amin

http://maypang-amin.com/2010/04/06/asian-american-new-jersey-shore/

Source: Maypang-Amin, April 6, 2010

Asian American Jersey Shore

We've all heard about or seen the notorious show Jersey Shore that has been airing on MTV since last year. It is very entertaining. I even "fist pump" every blue moon, but it's also so crasp. When I first read its synopsis I knew I wasn't going to like it. But then one day I finally sat down and watched it... for five minutes. That's all I could stand before I turned the channel. I know someone that watched it for an hour and he said that he can never regain back that hour he lost in his life.

Well now there's talk of an Asian version of New Jersey Shore. Go figure. It is going to be co-produced by R&B singer Tyrese Gibson and it will be set in Koreatown, LA. What can we expect? Will the series be a hit? Will Asian Americans be kept to their stereotype? Will it show Asian Americans as having multi-dimensional characters? Will I be able to sit through it for more than five minutes? A production company on Craigslist says that they are looking for attractive, unique Asian Americans between the ages of 18-30 "with equally interesting life stories and perspectives to share, especially individuals who know about and/or experienced the Koreatown life." So all those interested, go to the casting calls and I hope to see you on the show, because I'll be watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment